Red is what I am seeing after paying Â£170 for my car service. But honestly, the colour red is an amazing colour. Without red our lives would be pretty blue. So to honour this wonderful colour, we are making the 24th of November 2005 RED Day, and to mark the occassion, I have come up with some interesting facts about the colour RED .
If there was no red, then the following would be a little strange:
* Would you listen to magenta hot chilli peppers?
* Would you eat Blue Lobster from La Tania?
* Would you eat Green meat from a cow?
* Would you drink Purple Bull?
* A crime story with black herrings would be confusing.
* Greenhat would not be a successful linux package.
* Do you think the White Cross would have helped billions of people with their charities?
* Simply Greyâ€™s music would have been aimed at the old folks.
* Would you want to watch the Yellow Arrows perform amazing death defying tricks in the sky?
* Amsterdam wouldnâ€™t be a popular city with stag parties if it was known as the light blue District.
red mist, red sea, red alert, red cross, red arrows, The reds, simply red, red hot, red wine, red perfume, blood red, red with embarrassment, red communist China, In the red, red is cupid, red is the devil, red is the hotest of the warm colours, red is power, hence the red tie worn by CEO’s, Directors, Presidents and the Prime minister, red carpet treatment, red is the colour of hapiness, and in some countries prosperity, red is the colour of mourning in South Africa, flashing red lights denote danger or emergency, stop signs and stop lights are red to get the drivers’ attention and alert them to the dangers of the intersection, red is often the color worn by brides in the East, In Russia the Bolsheviks used a red flag when they overthrew the Tsar, Many national flags use red, The red ruby is the traditional Fortieth Wedding Anniversary gift, A little bit of red goes a long way, red is a Christmas colour, red heart, the use of red in familiar phrases can help a designer see how their colour of choice might be perceived by others, red letter day, red sky in the morning, sailor’s warning; red sky at night, sailor’s delight – pay attention to good and bad warning signs, paint the town red.
Let us know if you have any more. We will gladly put them on the site for all to see.
Ha Ha!!!! – I got some more: Rudolph the red Nosed Reindeer, red October, The Shawshank redemption, red shoes diaries, red nose day, red telephone boxes, red post box,