Flashing stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T800).
A few months ago I wrote about ‘Flashing BlissPop ROM Lollipop 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T800)‘. I’ve upgraded this ROM a few times since then, but something went wrong recently, which has caused the sound to not work in all video playback across multiple apps. It is quite odd. Anyway I decided the best way to troubleshoot the problem was to flash a stock Samsung SM-T800 ROM and go from there.
I downloaded the firmware from SAMMobile . They have quite a few country versions, but I picked United Kingdom.
After I downloaded the firmware, I grabbed the latest Odin3 v3.10.7.exe and bin file, which needs runs in Windows 10 (and previous versions of Windows). Here are the steps I followed.
- Extract the downloaded file (T800XXU1BOCC_T800BTU1BOC1_HOME.tar.md5) into a folder. I extracted mine to the same folder as Odin.
- Run Odin3 v3.10.7 – It will show nothing on the start. It looks like this:
- Reboot tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Home + Power + Volume Down buttons…
- OR use a Download Dongle.
What is a download dongle you may ask?
- OR use a Download Dongle.
- Connect the USB cable from PC to tablet and wait until a blue sign under the ID:COM appears. A COM port will be shown.
- Add the firmware file to AP by clicking on the AP button.
- Browse to the firmware file.
- One may experience a delay or a “not responding” message, be patient and let the file load. It is a large file (over 2GB).
- After a few seconds it will load successfully into Odin3. One should see the full path to the firmware and a “Checking MD5 finished successfully” message in the Logs.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Click Start to begin.
- The tablet will now be flashed with the stock Samsung firmware. It takes about 3 minutes to complete. During this time I clicked into the Log tab to see what it was doing. When it completed, I saw a green PASS! on Odin3 and the tablet rebooted.
- The Samsung logo appeared in a rainbow of colours and then it sat there on the screen in white emitting blue dots for roughly a minute.
- Finally I saw the Samsung welcome screen.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)