How to import Spotify playlist into Google Play Music?
I discovered a comment on a website by Scott Walstead (Web Developer), he has developed a Spotify to YouTube playlist called Playlistbuddy.com and this is where my solution to the problem came about.
FYI: I used both Windows 10 (for Excel) and OSX (for terminal) to do this task. One still needs to run a few scripts in Terminal, but my solution definitely works as I have successfully imported a massive playlist to Google Play Music.
- Log into Playlistbuddy.com with your Spotify account. This pulls in your Spotify playlists into the webpage.
- Select a playlist and using the mouse highlight every row of the playlist and copy.
- Paste the list into a spreadsheet and remove any unwanted columns.
- Insert a column between Song and Artist and between Artist and Album. Add a backslash “\” into both blank columns.
- Use the =CONCATENATE formula (=concatenate(A1,B1, C1, D1, E1) to join the five rows together, repeat the steps for the rest of the rows. Save the file as Spotify.txt file. The results look like this.
- Download and extract Gmusic-Playlist from the Soulfx/gmusic-playlist website.
- After running into some difficulty with the command line, I discovered I needed to install some extra modules, so via terminal update python by running the following command: python -m pip install gmusicapi
- In the gmusic-playlist-maker folder edit the preferences.py and add in your gmail email address at he top. Save the file.
- Copy the text file from step 5 into the gmusic-playlist-maker folder and then run this command: python ImportList.py Spotify.txt
- You will be prompted for your gmail password and then you should see a lot of searching text taking place.
- Finally when it is done there will be a summary telling you how many of your songs were imported into Google Music. I had 151 of 164 songs imported which is excellent.
- Finally check out Google Play Music playlist versus Spotify playlist. Success! 🙂
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)