A modern day con!
Have you got a 3G phone or one of the newer phones that support HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access)?
Sky by mobile are offering the deal below for just £5 per month which sounds like great value, but the biggest catch with the offer below, is that Sky offer a "Made for mobile" package, which means the channels and shows are repeated on a loop for you to enjoy whenever you want. Doh!, who wants to watch a repeated game of football or a show????
Honestly, there is a better way and it’s not with Sky Mobile…. if you do a bit of research, there is a far better way of viewing your TV (not just sky) and it’s called the SlingBox.
The Slingbox is a TV streaming device that enables consumers to remotely view their cable, satellite, or personal video recorder (PVR) programming from an Internet-enabled computer with a broadband Internet connection, or a 3G or HSDPA mobile phone.
|Slingbox Classic||Slingbox Pro|
The advantages of the Slingbox are not just limited to watching tv on your mobile phone, because you can watch tv now from your computer or laptop anywhere in th world, as long as you have an internet connection.
So there you have it. why pay Sky £5 a month when for a once off price you can have Slingbox forever and use it anywhere on any device?
Disclaimer: These are my opinions and if you chose to waste your money over at Sky Mobile, then that is entirely up to you.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)