Airhelp awarded us €900 for our delayed flight from Mexico.
As the subject suggests our flight from Mexico in April was delayed by 30 hours. The airline was not entirely helpful in terms of offering us compensation.
I did a few searches online to see who could take my case and Airhelp accepted.
- Their website is great. it is easy to find information and everything is clearly explained. Check out the know your rights page.
- You tell them your flight details and they will tell you if your claim is valid. It turned out my claim was valid because it was delayed by more than 3 hours and it was not down to nature, although we did have some of that as well.
- There are no fees unless they win the case, otherwise it is 25%.
- The sign up process was easy.
- Communication was very good. They emailed me every step of the way and answered all my questions promptly.
- It took less than two months to complete.
- Payment was equally fast when I heard we had won our case. We got €1200 (less their 25% fee). Payment was arranged through Payoneer.com and I got it instantly.
I highly recommend Airhelp.com if your flight is delayed by greater than 3 hours and is between an EU and non-EU airport.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (389)
- Brands (189)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (7)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (93)
- World (105)