Another fool departs.
So the old fart, Donald
Rumsfeld DICK has retired from his position of "I say stupid things for a living" Secretary or was he fired because he ran out of silly things to say?
Below are the most famous gaffs he said while in office with that bozo the clown Bush. As you can see they are just as silly as his boss.
- On looting in Baghdad: "Stuff happens. It’s untidy, and freedom’s untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things."
- On the chances of a quick victory in Iraq: "The Gulf war in the 1990s lasted five days on the ground. I can’t tell you if the use of force in Iraq today would last five days, or five weeks, or five months. But it certainly isn’t going to last any longer than that."
- On unknowns: "I don’t know what the facts are but somebody’s certainly going to sit down with him and find out what he knows that they may not know, and make sure he knows what they know that he may not know." Or… "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don’t know we don’t know." Or…"I believe what I said yesterday…I don’t know what I said, er, but I know what I think, and…well, I assume it’s what I said."
- On the hunt for WMDs: "We know where they are. They’re in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." And when no weapons were found… "There’s another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. It is basically saying the same thing in a different way. Simply because you do not have evidence that something does exist does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn’t exist."
- On the future: "I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past – I think the past was not predictable when it started."
- The hunt for Osama Bin Laden: "We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)