It’s raining ash!
So we awoke this morning to a garden full of white ash, and a street full of cars covered in ash. No explanation for this sudden transformation, just a very big mess!
And here is why: The remains of the lorry caught in the blaze. Picture by : Keyan Milanian
As reported on Kent Online: (http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=43248)
More than 50 firefighters tackled a blaze at a business park. Firefighters from across north Kent fought the huge blaze at a Swanscombe business park. Crews were called to the unit at the Manor Way Business Park Swanscombe on Monday morning at around 12.45am.
Two crews from Thames-side, two from Dartford and appliances from Swanscombe, Cliffe, Horton Kirby and Swanley discovered a large quantity of baled paper, a car and a lorry on fire.
At 4am the fire was scaled down to three fire appliances but crews were still at the scene this morning as they continued to dampen down the area.
An investigation is expected to be launched.
No doubt our local hooligans are responsible for this, as burning things is just another night of fun. Here is a list of their recent achievements:
- Cars burnt in the middle of a football field.
- Portable Toilets
- Telephone Booths
- Wheelie Bin
- Glass Recyclable bin
- Paper Mill / Truck (new).
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)