How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?
SharePoint 2013 blog and possibly earlier versions have only ever allowed 10 posts (rowlimit) per blog page. When one has hundreds of posts this can be a pain in the mouse finger to scroll down ten posts and then click through to the next ten posts. Wouldn’t it be great if one could change the default 10 posts to a greater number such as 45 or 90?
No rowlimit setting in SharePoint 2013
For some odd reason there doesn’t appear to be a setting anywhere to change this default value within the setting screens, so here are the steps to make that change:
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your SharePoint server or backups and thus if you make a mistake or screw up your blog, the blame falls entirely on you. The advice I give below has been tested by myself on a server that has backups and the changes worked for me. As there is coding changes involved, please speak to your site administrator before making any changes.
- If running SharePoint Server 2013 download SharePoint Designer 2013. There are two possible versions depending on your computer setup (32 bit and 64 bit).
- Once installed open your SharePoint blog to the default page.
- In the top left corner click on Page then Edit Page down arrow to select Edit in SharePoint Designer.
- This will open SharePoint Designer. A few pop-ups will showing loading site data.
- Once default.aspx has opened, do a search (CTRL+F) for RowLimit. Those words will be coupled with a string <RowLimit Paged=”TRUE”>10</RowLimit>.
- Change the value 10 to whatever you like. (don’t go berserk because the more posts on the default page the longer your blog will load and that might piss off your users).
- Right click on the tab heading and click Save.
- Reload your SharePoint blog and scroll to the bottom. The 1-10 should have changed to 1-(your value).
The end result showing posts 1 – 90:
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)