FIX: Windows 10 File Explorer and Control panel fails to open.
Problem: File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open and just flicks for a second and does nothing.
Question: Did you or a family member change the size of the text or font recently? If the answer is Yes then this is most likely the cause of the problem.
- In the Search bar at the bottom of the screen type “Change the size” and then at the top of the search results menu, click on the link that appears.
- Look for the ‘Change the size of text, apps, and other items‘ slider and change it to 150% if it is set to something higher.
- Your File Explorer or Control Panel will now open.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Happy 50th birthday Michael Schumacher3rd January 2019
- 2018 brought change and a fun filled crazy year – Happy new year 2019.31st December 2018
- Puzzle Cat’s Paradise captured in GoPro Hero 7 Time Lapse27th December 2018
- My GoPro Hero 7 Christmas day sunrise time lapse.25th December 2018
- Sunset and clouds video time lapse using my GoPro Hero 7 Black.22nd December 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (17)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (385)
- Brands (189)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (7)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (66)
- Video (93)
- World (104)