Frustrating iPhone 5S.
Work CrapBerry or iPhone.. that was the choice. The iPhone was ordered and it arrived last Friday, which was perfect timing considering I had the entire weekend to figure it out, not that I was expecting to figure much out as this phone was made for the masses. 🙂
Just to be clear… I have never owned an iPhone and NEVER will, but this post just reiterates why?
- Oh frack, I can’t use my standard USB 2.0 cable to connect the phone to my PC. The plug is different and as a result I have to buy another cable, so then I can charge next to my bed or at my computer or at work PC (mmm, that gets a bit expensive).
- Why is the phone so heavy when it is so small? It must be that long lasting battery!
- Wow! The icons are so dull and boring, but it seems I am unable to change them anywhere. How crap is that?
- Damn, I can’t change the desktop background from the desktop in a quick easy manner, instead I have to tap through at least four screens in the settings to change the background. How BACKWARDS is that?
- I installed Google Hangouts, BBM (ha ha) because they are awesome chat apps. I wanted to share a photo with either, but it only gives me options to share to ‘Message, Mail, iCloud’ and Twitter, Facebook and Flickr, which are not currently installed on my iPhone.
- Why are every letter on the keyboard in CAPITALS?
- Why are the keys so small? Even a person with small fingers could experience “fat finger syndrome”.
- Why is there no choice to change the look and feel of the keyboard? I mean come on, the keyboard is the most frequent used tool on a phone. For example I would like to see the numbers and punctuation on the letters instead of having to tap into a key to select them and then another key to go back to the letters. All these extra keys means a total waste of time. Also typing in passwords become a right royal pain.
- I guess it would be asking too much to be able to theme my phone and I mean all menus, the notification bar and the pull up bar. Yes it would be!
- In the App Store if I search for something and find it and then want to search for something else, I have to first clear down the search bar before I can search again.
- Some Apps do not have a back out option or a back link so the only way of getting out of the current screen or back to the beginning is to double tap the menu button, close the app and re-open it (BBM app is a good example). I was told to not blame the phone for this, so I am blaming the OS because if Apple had stricter controls over their software they would insist all applications are standardized.
- In Albums at the bottom of the screen are three icons (Photos, Shared and albums). If I am in Albums there is no way to go back one screen unless I tap on the other icons at the bottom.
- I want to add a clock and weather widget – Oh! there aren’t any widgets. My bad!
- On the strange pull up menu, I don’t use the torch or the crappy calculator, can I add my own icons or at least change these icons?
- How do I change the rainbow effect on the pull up menu? It is so bleh!
Fortunately all I am going to be using on the phone is GOOD enterprise for email and the phone function and nt much else to be honest as it is quite simply sh*t, ah, so that is what the S stands for in iPhone 5S.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)