How to win at Glorious Goodwood?
On Saturday the 5th of August I went with a couple of friends to the horse racing at Goodwood in West Sussex. It becomes "Glorious Goodwood" when you bet on seven races and win money on six of them. That is an 85% strike rate. Last year was the first time I ever went to Goodwood and came home with a tidy profit of £150. This year I managed to finish with £250, having placed a £10 bet on each race.
So, here are my tips on how to win at Glorious Goodwood:
- Never bet on favourites unless the jockey is Frankie Dettori.
- Always bet on complete outsiders with odds of 12/1 or 15/1 or there abouts.
- Don’t bet from the same tote each time. Walk around and see if you can get a better deal. The electronic boards are not always the best.
- Look out for catchy names, ones you cannot pronounce. They are sure winners.
- If you see a horse at 33/1 or 66/1, do an each way on it. You never know, it might come in 2nd or 3rd or 4th and that is still a tidy profit.
- Go to the races with a positive attitude and accept the fact that you will lose £70. Then when you win it’ll be a wonderful feeling.
- Put your winnings in a seperate pocket or bag and don’t touch it, no matter what happens, because when your luck turns you do stupid things like put your winnings on the next race.
- Finally, don’t bother reading those silly turf books or how the horse did in the last race or what position it came because they never turn out to be right.
Final Note: These tips are only for Glorious Goodwood.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Happy 50th birthday Michael Schumacher3rd January 2019
- 2018 brought change and a fun filled crazy year – Happy new year 2019.31st December 2018
- Puzzle Cat’s Paradise captured in GoPro Hero 7 Time Lapse27th December 2018
- My GoPro Hero 7 Christmas day sunrise time lapse.25th December 2018
- Sunset and clouds video time lapse using my GoPro Hero 7 Black.22nd December 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (17)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (385)
- Brands (189)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (7)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (66)
- Video (93)
- World (104)