Licorize is more delicious than pearltrees.
I just read that Del.icio.us is going to be shutdown by Yahoo. For me it’s been one of the best online bookmarking service for years, so it will be a sad day when the service is terminated by evil Yahoo. I’ve already started searching for it’s replacement and have found a few good sites already and have imported my delicious bookmarks into them for a trial out! Top of my list so far is:
- because it allowed me to import my delicious bookmarks.
- it is connected with the following awesome services (all of which I am already using):
- There is the ability to share with everyone, a group of people or an individual,
- it allows others to collaborate on ideas and projects and all of this can be done in real time.
- have added integration with many browsers so you can share a website URL by simply clicking a button.
- have added integration for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and even via the iPhone, iPad or iPod (not that I have any of the last three iDevices).
- They have there own blog, which appears to be updated regularly with news, new fixes, ideas etc. Check it out http://blog.licorize.com/
- also allowed me to import my delicious bookmarks.
- Pearltrees is the social way to discover, organize and share the stuff you like on the Web. Use Pearltrees to keep at hand the stuff you find everyday on the Web, to discover new stuff in your areas of interest and to drive people through your web.
- A pearl holds anything you find interesting on the Web. Click it to open it, drag and drop it to move it… or put your pearl into the trash to delete it. Every pearl has a detail window, which gives information about its content, comments and picks.
- A pearltree is a curation of web pages. It works like a folder for pearls. You can open it, close it, browse it, move it into an other pearltree or send it anywhere to share some of your interests.
I’ll admit the subject of my post does not do Pearltrees justice. I signed up and didn’t quite get the concept at first, BUT having spent a good few hours of my Saturday building up my pearls & pearltrees, I must admit it’s a really cool concept and linking to other related websites is so easy and visually pleasing. I’ve embedded my pearltrees into this post, but if you are interested in seeing the bigger picture, why not visit me at pearltrees.com
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Advice (60)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Book (2)
- Bowen (397)
- Brands (192)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)