No pinhole eject on iMac = stupid.
There I was trying to install Windows Media Center 2005 on my iMac using the Bootcamp tool. The installation was going well until it asked me to "Insert the 2nd CD"…. I pressed the EJECT button on my Apple keyboard and nothing happens. That is because the "only eject button" on the keyboard is not recognized by the Windows installer.
I want to curse Windows for not supporting this option, but actually this is an Apple Mac problem since it’s their hardware that is not user friendly. Why have Apple not included a pin hole eject button on the iMac? (it would seem the logical thing to do).
So, going no where fast because there is no way of ejecting the CD I had to abort. (Nothing like a wasted morning).
I have found a solution be it another typical example of how Apple want us to take 5 steps backwards to do a simple task.
The solution is to create a disk image and then to copy the two windows CD’s into the disk image and burn it and to use the one disk instead of two. Time clearly grows on trees for Mac Lovers. (ha ha).
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)