Nokia N95 firmware V30.0.015
There is a new firmware out for the Nokia N95. I had a bit fun yesterday after I upgraded to V30.0.015. For some reason or other it conflicted with a trial application called “Handy Shell“.
I was unable to remove the Handy Shell application, and every time I started the phone it would just lock up with a message “Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer“. Did a search on Google, and found a whole lot of solutions, which didn’t work for me. After a couple of Q&A on the Nokia Forum, I decided to re-install the firmware, which fortunately fixed the problem, but I was unable to use my latest backup. Actually I think the latest backup contained the Handy Shell application, which was the root of the problem.
Don’t get me wrong, the Handy Shell application is brilliant, although it came out before V30, so perhaps it does not like the new firmware changes. I don’t know, but my phone is back to it’s former glory, faster than before, and has a few extra features namely (as seen on Nokia Addict dot com).
– Maps 2.0
– Nokia Search 4.0 with google plugin
– Share on OVI added
– Comes with music extension
– Mosh & OVI bookmarks added to browser.
– Download! application updated (v3.1.50)
– New basline for Startup settings
– New baseline/upgrade to music Player
– Baseline update for Flashlite3
– Current consumption improvements
– New basline for VOIP
– General error corrections
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)