NSU showing new Nokia N900 firmware 20.2010.36.2 (PR1.3).
There is a new Nokia N900 (RX-51) firmware upgrade and it is Version 20.2010.36.2 or commonly known as PR1.3.
Don’t forget if you are using the Nokia Software Updater (NSU) to upgrade your firmware, you need to do a backup of all your applications on your Nokia N900, as the new firmware will wipe out everything.
Most of the websites are saying the firmware upgrade file is 80MB. Mine was 200.3MB. Not sure why, but it took quite a while to download.
Once downloaded the firmware took about 3 minutes to install.
The last page even mentions the fact that one will now need to restore any backups made. (I just hope if you are planning to upgrade that you make a backup beforehand, because I would hate you to get to this stage and realize 1.8GB’s of applications have just vanished in 3 minutes. 🙂
I took a backup prior to upgrading, which will now give me the opportunity to only restore the applications I want.
As soon as I have all my applications and games restored, I shall let you know what I notice different.
From what I am reading, there is no dual boot option in this firmware, only tweaks to the OS, more support for OVI and speed increases across the board. (It is most certainly faster).
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)