Pushing my Nokia N900 to the limit!
I thought I would see how many applications I can open at one time on my Nokia N900 since it’s supposedly one of the best devices for multitasking.
To make it a little more interesting, I have open various applications namely;
- My browser bookmarks page,
- a couple of (IM) instant message (three separate screens)
- two fairly large websites with lots of images (www.wilkinsonsworld.com) and (www.expedia.com – I did a search for holiday appartments in New York city),
- RSS Feeder application showing the latest headlines from Maemo, Twitter and BBC News.
- Twitter website,
- My blog (lookatbowen.com – edit comments screen),
- Application manager showing all available applications,
- Media box – 3rd party multimedia player – was listening to Clive Cussler – Dragon Audio Book,
- File Manager,
- Conversations window showing various IM and SMS messages,
- SMS screen to my Mom,
The N900 so far is working like a dream. No sign of slowing down, so I thought I would open a few more applications.
- OVI store website, did a search for Firefox and downloaded it,
- FAQ screen is a help screen for something,
- The default media player playing Counting Crows.
- Firefox browser showing our website,
- File Manager application showing the screens above and below,
- Witter (a twitter application),
- Vagalume (Last.fm player).
- MaStory (blogging tool).
- Email announcement.
- SMS announcement.
One awesome feature of the task bar is that each of the mini screens are a real-time image of the actual application. It is bloody awesome! At this stage I was running out of things to open, and after calculator the N900 finally started to show signs of slowness. Well it was a very clear sign – an error. (ha ha).
- Address book,
- Buddy list in Pidgin,
- A game of chess.
I think I have made my point. I challenge any iPhone owner to show me a similar test!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)