Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE & Samsung Pay will NOT work in the UK.
I just had a chat with Samsung regarding the new Samsung Gear S3 Frontier smartwatch that is supposedly available from today in the UK.
Before anyone in the UK rushes out and buys one, take note of these three important facts that Samsung failed to mention in their Gear S3 launch and advertising videos.
- The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE version will NOT be available in the UK, meaning the smart watch cannot be used to make stand-alone phone calls. You will need your Samsung smartphone.
- Samsung PAY will not work in the UK.
- Your Samsung phone cannot be paired to some Bluetooth headphones while it is paired to the Samsung Gear S3 smart watch.
Read my transcript from a recent conversation with Samsung. Talk about mega disappointment and a total FAIL on Samsung’s part.
Samsung: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
Mike: The Gear S3 LTE version. I understand it will only be made available in certain countries. Why is that?
Samsung: Gear S3 LTE version will only work in US, as it can’t be unlock from ATT carrier.
Mike: Is there any chance this will be changing? Will it ever be enabled in the UK?
Samsung: No Mike, as of now there is no information regarding if the Gear can be used overseas.
Mike: So if purchased in the UK, the watch in order to make phone calls will have to be paired with a phone, how does that happen?
Samsung: You have to install Gear Manager App on any Samsung phone and connect it with Gear.
Mike: Can I pair my Samsung phone with a headphone at the same time as its paired with the gear?
Samsung: No Mike, Phone can not be paired when connected to Gear, as the Bluetooth is One to One feature.
Mike: Samsung Pay will still work right in the UK or can Android Pay work on the watch as well?
Samsung: No Mike, Samsung Pay will not work in UK.
Mike: Just for the record the advertising for the Samsung Gear S3 is VERY misleading if all you say is not possible in the UK.
Samsung: Samsung Pay will only work with US devices.
Mike: That message should be made a lot more clear. Oh well. That is very disappointing.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)