I spent a good part of today in the lounge setting up an early Christmas present from us.
We recently purchased the Panasonic SC-PT850EB-K Home Theatre System from John Lewis (because they gave a two year guarantee unlike other online shops, and because JL is right on our doorstep).
Ha ha, I just thought of something.
Morkels, you two year guarentee store!
If you are South African you will know what advert I am laughing about.
Anyway, they look and sound incredible on everything I have plugged into it (Xbox 360, Humax PVR, Nokia N95, DVD Player, CD Player). I spent a few hours cleaning up the cable mess I had behind the LCD, and I also decided to pack the speaker, network, Slingbox, DVR cables underneath the carpet, because it looks a lot neater. So it meant pulling up the carpet and then putting it down again. (a pain in the ****), but it looks a damn side better now. Earlier everything was on top of the carpet, and it looked messy, and the cables were at high risk of being nibbled by Whiskey and Tamsin. (naughty buggers).
I’ll add a few photos to the photo album tomorrow of the lounge with the speakers in place.
Grrr…..Now to get the wife off the couch and out of the lounge so I can play Call of Duty 4 in full surround sound….
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)