Ski nuze – fist 4 brakin newz.
Sky news obviously do not proof read their main headlines on their website or the editor of the below line clearly doesn’t know their grammar.
One should only use an in place of a when it precedes a vowel. There are obvious exceptions to the rule namely; Use an in place of a when it precedes a vowel sound, not just a vowel. That means it’s “an honor” (the h is silent), but “a UFO” (because it’s pronounced yoo eff oh).
The actual mistake with the above sentence is a missing word (injured). It should have read: “A British yachtswoman says the “spirit of ocean racing” led to her briefly scrapping a round-the-world race to help rescue an injured rival”.
At last something the British are good at.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)