Synology CS-407 or hard disk failure (again)?
This is the 3rd time a disk has crashed on Volume 1 of my Synology CS-407 NAS Server. I am wondering if it’s the Synology or just a faulty disk. This is the 2nd brand new disk to have gone into the NAS in many weeks. Just this last weekend I prepared the disks in the NAS, which took hours. By preparing the disk I mean running some software called DISKWIPE that writes #’s to the disk to clear it.
So far in all the disk setups (RAID0, RAID1, RAID5 and BASIC) it’s has always been Volume 1 – Disk 1 that has failed. Typically this is the disk that contains all my video, music and photos. 🙁 Thanks goodness for backups
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- GoPro Hero 7 Black is an awesome action camera.6th November 2018
- Bucket List – Spend a day with friends in Washington D.C.28th August 2018
- How to change default rowlimit (10 posts) on SharePoint 2013 blog?In Advice11th July 2018
- Rock legend Bryan Adams wows Bowen at the O2.1st June 2018
- Lookatbowen.com is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant.30th May 2018
- Advice (59)
- Animals (16)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (380)
- Brands (185)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (2)
- Home Automation (2)
- Music (64)
- NYE (6)
- People (67)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (99)
- Technology (66)
- Video (90)
- World (104)