What is Royal Mail doing with all the post offices?
I had the unpleasant pleasure of standing in a very long queue for at least 40 minutes today at a makeshift post office in central London. To make the experience worse, the staff managing the 6 desks were totally incompetant and unfriendly, probably because they have been told this make shift hell hole (East Cheap post office) will be closing like all the other post offices in London.
I work in Cannon street in London and I kid you not when I say this, that there are no post offices. You have to walk for miles in all directions and when you do find one it will definitely have a queue.
Royal Mail has sounded the death knell for London’s post office network. A total of 169 branches face the axe under a fast-track closure programme.
MPs said it is a ‘kick in the teeth’ for Londoners and for high streets across the city. The capital has already lost more than 300 post offices in four years, with the numbers cut from 1,175 to 849. But Royal Mail says more branches must go to stem £3m-a-week losses.
That was a year ago, and I can only imagine hundreds more have closed since then. So much for living in a first world country.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Short Lunch time walkOn 15th January 2020 1:32 pm went 1.64 mi. during 00:25:26 hours climbing 53.15 ft.
- Limpsfield Chart long walkOn 12th January 2020 10:01 am went 10.97 mi. during 05:16:30 hours climbing 1,059.38 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the London I don't knowOn 10th January 2020 2:14 pm went 3.21 mi. during 00:56:31 hours climbing 45.60 ft.
- Tower Bridge lunchtime walkOn 9th January 2020 1:17 pm went 2.41 mi. during 00:35:24 hours climbing 96.78 ft.
- Lunch time walk around the square mileOn 8th January 2020 2:21 pm went 2.36 mi. during 00:35:00 hours climbing 54.13 ft.
- Advice (59)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Bowen (393)
- Brands (190)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (67)
- Video (94)
- World (105)